Saturday, June 19, 2010

Question about qualifying for a mortgage?

If I have a good credit score but yet have collection accounts on my credit report. Will a lender want me to pay off my collection accounts before giving me a mortgage? Or will the good credit score be all they care about?



Question about qualifying for a mortgage?

They will probably want the collections settled first. Underwriters hate uncertainty.



P.S. Do NOT deal with on-line %26quot;brokers%26quot; who post replies here.



Question about qualifying for a mortgage?

Depends on the loan program you apply for, most want collections paid off at or prior to closing. However, there are a few that don%26#039;t require this, which often have a slightly higher interest rate. Also, how much they%26#039;re for and how many collections you have will be a facotr in whether you have to pay them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive