Saturday, June 19, 2010

Indiana laws please?

In the state of Indiana how many days do they have to give you until they evict you? I have a crappy landlord he will not fix anything, wont call me back, my front door was busted in and he never fixed it.. I cleaned the carpets when I moved in and when I did so I stired up so funky pee smell from the people before.. Anyway I have called him several times, wrote him a letter certified.. And he will not return my attempts to conact him.. So I am not going to pay my rent and let him kick me out because I can not deal with him anymore.. I am now wondering how long by law he has to give me to get out? I honestly dont care if he sues me, I have the pictures to come back at him.. and Dont care if it goes on my credit right now I am proven a damn point at this time in my life.. if anyone knows how many days he has to give me and what I can and can not do let me know please....



Indiana laws please?

First he has to give you a 5 day notice. Then he has to go and file for a court date. Then you have to be served. Once you are served your court date is usually between 2 wks and a month away. When you go to court you will have about a month to get out. Have you called your city hall? I once rented from a guy like that and I called the city. They sent an inspector out and he was told if he didn%26#039;t fix stuff he would be fined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive