Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do I deal with a collection agency that is threatning law suits against me?

I called to take care of a debt on my credit repot, the ydo not know what is for, did not want to negociate on amount and since then get letters saying pay or else. I%26#039;m trying to pay but have no idea what this debt is! HELP!



How do I deal with a collection agency that is threatning law suits against me?

If they sue go to court so they don%26#039;t win by default. Mean while write them that you need to have the debt verified. They must prove you owe it or leave you alone.



How do I deal with a collection agency that is threatning law suits against me?

If you truly believe that you have zero connection with the account in question by the creditors; my recommendation is to dispute this with the credit bureaus and this is what you do. get your credit report statement. make sure is a report that covers all credit bureaus (experian, equifax and transUnion) and review to get better indication. Second, if you find that indeed you have zero involvement with what the creditors are claiming then proceed to setting your credit report on alert(possile identity theft) and make a police report detailing the situation. send that report to credit bureaus to initiate an investigation to clear off your record. You may also want to send the police report and all supporting documents to the creditor so that they stop calling you as well. Good Luck with this and I hope it helps..



How do I deal with a collection agency that is threatning law suits against me?

By law the collection agency has to provide verification of debt as long as you request it in writing. You need to send them a letter requesting verification of the debt. Send the letter via certified mail. If they cannot provide verification of the debt then they have to, by law, remove the collections account from your credit report.



As for the threat to sue, they all do that yet rarely carry it out. Collectors will use any tactic they can to try to scare you in to paying. Once the debt is validated then you can work something out. Keep offering settlements until they accept.



Nothing can happen to you (other than having an angry collector on the phone) unless they get a judgement against you. And if they start telling at you or getting angry with you, simply hang up. Don%26#039;t let them get you emotional over this. They use that to their advantage.



How do I deal with a collection agency that is threatning law suits against me?

Send the collection agency a certified, return receipt letter (don%26#039;t talk to them on the phone) requesting validation of the debt, to include copies of contracts or other documentation proving the debt is yours. Give them 30 days to respond.



If they fail to respond, dispute the item with the credit bureau indicating that they failed to validate the debt.



How do I deal with a collection agency that is threatning law suits against me?

1st, you are not obligated to pay for debt you did not make however, you need to straighten that mess out with the



company that reported you delinquent. You should be able to find out from your credit report who the culprit is.



Finally, if you get no where and these clowns continue with



the threatening letters....IGNORE THEM, if they had a case



than you would already be in court!!!!!! You have nothing to lose by taking this approach. In other words, call



their BLUFF....if you did not make the debt then you don%26#039;t have to pay.....



I%26#039;m willing to bet that in time they will give up.



Good Luck



How do I deal with a collection agency that is threatning law suits against me?

If you don%26#039;t know what the debt is for, then the next time they call, ask them for a mailing address, so that you can send them a certified letter in which you ask them for the details on what they think you owe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive