Thursday, June 17, 2010

In California, what good is a quit claim deed and having a house be your sole and separate property?

I purchased my home BEFORE I got married, single, sole and separate.To change my name on the title after I got married, both my husband and I signed the quit claim deed transferring it from my former name to my present name as a married woman but still sole and separate property.



I am getting (or supposed to get) a home equity line of credit (to pay off bills he has incurred).Everything was completed except the signing. I told my husband they needed him to go because he has to verify that he knows I%26#039;m getting the line of credit.My husband said he won%26#039;t because that%26#039;s why the house has always been in my name and that he has nothing to do with it. He doesn%26#039;t care if I get the line of credit, he just won%26#039;t go with me. He wants to make things difficult for me because I am the one who pays ALL the bills with my salary, and I have little left for the rest of the month. He keeps all but a small amount of his check for himself, saving it up I imagine, and gives me $100-200 a week.



In California, what good is a quit claim deed and having a house be your sole and separate property?

Real question is...why did you marry this jerk?



In California, what good is a quit claim deed and having a house be your sole and separate property?

so get the acknowledgment paper from the bank in advance for his signature.



if that%26#039;s not good enough for the bank, tell your bum husband to pay his own bills and that you aren%26#039;t going to save him.



you do this with a divorce action served at his place of work and have the locks changed the same day.



In California, what good is a quit claim deed and having a house be your sole and separate property?

in any community property state, property that is held in one person%26#039;s name is OK, but if you go to sell or mortgage that property, then the spouse has to join.



I am wondering who advised you to do the first deed into your married name. In Oklahoma, that isn%26#039;t necessary, since you are still the same person. Once you sell, you would recite %26quot;Jane Jones, formerly Jane Doe%26quot; or something similar.



Maybe you shouldn%26#039;t agree to pay off his debts (unless they are joint debts) if he is being disagreeable.



In California, what good is a quit claim deed and having a house be your sole and separate property?

In the State of CA a spouse is able to deed off any marital interest in the property by signing an %26quot;interspousal deed%26quot; this deed allows you to hold the property solely.



When you are vested as %26quot;sole and separate property%26quot; you own title alone, he will not need to sign anything related to the property

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive