Thursday, June 17, 2010

In the credits for a production, do I have to use TRUE names.?

for instance, say my name is john smith, some freinds and I put together a production, and I do the script and musical score, is it legal to to say



%26#039;written by: john smith%26#039;



music: johnny smitherines%26quot; etc



is it a form of fraud? I%26#039;d think not, as long asthe persons involved %26#039;know%26#039; what will be on the credits%26#039;



can u put peoples names that doesnt exist?? for the sake of making the project seem larger than it was. :)



well one q at a time.



i know ive seen nicknames and even obscenities in some credits.



so does the credits matter, does any legal folk care about that stuff?



??



In the credits for a production, do I have to use TRUE names.?

You are supposed to use their real name. They can sue you later for not giving them credit. If no one actually did %26quot;makeup%26quot; for example it might be fun to invent a name to give the project some weight. But no one really reads credits beyond the names of the star, producers, directors and writers, cinematography and music. I am curious, was this just a %26#039;fun%26#039; project, making a movie for kicks, or did you have a screenplay, etc and tried to make an indie?



In the credits for a production, do I have to use TRUE names.?

This is pretty common, actually. It%26#039;s not fair to use a pseudonym for someone who wants and deserves credit for their work, however. Other than that, you can use any %26quot;professional%26quot; name you want. In fact, in most things you do in life, you can use a fake name as long as it was not done with intent to deceive for an unlawful purpose, i.e. fraud. I wish I could remember it, but there was a common name used in Hollywood for directors who wanted to remain anonymous. Certainly, for you and your friends who agree, you can make up names legally.



In the credits for a production, do I have to use TRUE names.?

Give credit when it is due. Thus, cite only persons who really worked on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive