Saturday, June 19, 2010

I lived in the uk 6 years ago. At this time my marriage went bad so I decided to return to my home c

Because I had lived in the uk for 5 yrs I had numerous accounts to tidy up and bank acounts to close etc. I foolishly asked my ex to take care of a couple-phone and credit card and left her the money to do so. I recently found out she hadnt done this and therefore, I assume, I have a couple of bad debts. I assume this has resulted in county court judgements against me. My question is-because they havent been able to find me will I have been found in contempt and have arrest warrents issued against me. I am planning to return to the Uk for a holiday and I would hate to be arrested at the airport with my Wife and Children. Any advice?



I lived in the uk 6 years ago. At this time my marriage went bad so I decided to return to my home country.?

You knew that they hadn%26#039;t been paid and have done nothing, until of course you now want to come back. You know who you owe the money to so why not contact them and explain the situation and pay up. If you can afford holidays you can afford to pay lawful debts. Your argument about non-payment is between you and your ex, not the service providers. Pay up what you know that you owe and alleviate all your concerns.



I lived in the uk 6 years ago. At this time my marriage went bad so I decided to return to my home country.?

You should contact and talk local and Uk%26#039;s layer to know real result while UK



I lived in the uk 6 years ago. At this time my marriage went bad so I decided to return to my home country.?

Simple answer is you will have to pay up, at the end of the day its not the banks problem your ex has ripped you off, you would have to take your ex to civil court in the UK for the money you left her, its not theft before you ask as you willingly gave her the money. I am going to guess you have no proof that you have left her the money in which case you can forget taking her to court.



and yes if thought that is a big %26quot;if%26quot; you have a warrant for you arrest outstanding you will be arrested at the airport.



I lived in the uk 6 years ago. At this time my marriage went bad so I decided to return to my home country.?

you may well have warrants then. I would not chance it



I lived in the uk 6 years ago. At this time my marriage went bad so I decided to return to my home country.?

I would venture to say this is a civil matter if it is only for phone and credit card, unless you knowingly committed a fraud. It is highly unlikely that you have a warrant out for your arrest, you simply did not turn up in court and the judgement would have been found in favour of the other party. You said you were married to the woman you left in the UK, so in-fact I think she would have been held responsible in your absence for your debts as you were a couple. They will certainly have chased her up for the money and could have required her to go to court. I would certainly check with a legal adviser first, as you said you don%26#039;t want to get arrested at the airport, although I think this would be highly unlikely over some credit card and phone bills, they have better things to do. You could imagine if everyone that owed money in this country went abroad and returned how chaotic it would be, all those warrants. I personally don%26#039;t think it will happen. It was your responsibility to make sure your debts were paid and not left money with your ex-wife to make the payments..of course she is going to spend the money..your gone..left her with the mess...this calls for a new dress...you see..good luck



I lived in the uk 6 years ago. At this time my marriage went bad so I decided to return to my home country.?

For what you describe there will not be warrants issued this is civil debt and if arrest warrants were used the legal system would become totally clogged up overnight.



I lived in the uk 6 years ago. At this time my marriage went bad so I decided to return to my home country.?

Some very good advice being given here,but is it really a holiday your after.Are you trying to lay a path for a return with a different family.And yes i am synical,but i havnt got to see it just from your side

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive