Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do I get all this stuff done (this question is organized, read)?

1. I need to apply for scholarships for next semester.



2. I need to budget better and stop blowing money on lunch



3. My taxes from last year!



4. Passport/Immigration stuff



5 Floss daily (I have braces and it takes like 15 mins)



6. Receipts to find and items to return to store



7. I am taking the LSAT in Feb, but I can change that, but I rather get it over with. Study time is about an hour a day.



8



On top of that I work 30 hours a week, take 11 credits in school, take care of my mom. The only TIME I have free is one day a week, and other days I work 2 - 9pm class in the morn.



How do I get all this stuff done (this question is organized, read)?

Find out what all the deadlines are for submitting your applications, and pick dates that are well before those deadlines.



Get a calendar and write those dates on it, as filling out the forms.



Whenever you cook, cook more than needed, and pack it as lunches. When you shop, think in terms of things you can make that you can do in big batches, so you can freeze some, take some as lunch, and have a couple of meals off of.



Do things like roast a whole chicken, then use the leftovers in other meals, so you aren%26#039;t always cooking everything from scratch.



Also, when you shop, buy a lot of things that you can assemble for snacky lunches, such as vegs to cut up to eat raw (carrots, and such), and cheese and crackers or rolls, fruit, grab some yogarts, and other stuff. Then, days you don%26#039;t have leftovers for lunch, grab a bunch of those things to take for lunch. (None will go bad in the few hours between leaving home and eating.)



Also, buy lots of canned soups and other, insta-meal things, so you don%26#039;t have to cook dinner every day.



For 3 %26amp; 4, treat similarly to 1.



You don%26#039;t say when you start school in the morning, or whether you have any breaks between classes for studying.



You also don%26#039;t explain exactly what taking care of your mom entails.



But, in general, drop anything you can drop. (How important is the receipt-finding and returning to store? If it%26#039;s not a matter of life or death, forget about it.)



Save time wherever you can. Can you work even a little less than you do? Could you drop one class?



Plan your shopping so you have all you need for a lot of meals -- preferably shop once a week.



As I say, you left out some details such as what your mom needs.



Is there stuff she can do (like some of the cooking or shopping)?



Is there anyone who can help with your mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive