Thursday, June 17, 2010

Child Suport & Visitation?

Hello All:



I just had my hearing today via phone and I am at a plight (foregive me if I mispelled). The lowered my amount of child support owed from $643 to $510; Because I was credited for having a child of my own in the home that is older. According to the Child Support Attorney the mother is wanting to go to college so now there is the suggestion that my support will go up because she will need child care. The mother is receiving disability for mental illness; my son is also receiving disability as well through SSI. In addition they are supported with public AFDC County Public Aid. I am not protesting to paying support but I do not think it is fair as to allow me to pay support for my other children. Support will not credit me for children born after the one I am paying for right now. The question I have is; is it justifiable that I have to pay more just becuase the mother wants to go to college. She is making a total of $2000 plus a month on public aid.



Child Suport %26amp; Visitation?

Appeal. If it%26#039;s legal, you lose.



Child Suport %26amp; Visitation?

Domestic courts are stacked against men. I%26#039;d have already left the country if I were you.



Child Suport %26amp; Visitation?

If she does attend college, file for custody.



Child Suport %26amp; Visitation?

She has a mental illness... depending on what it is.... is she a safe caretaker for your child...Can you provide a better home?? You may look into filing for custody.



Child Suport %26amp; Visitation?

Child support laws differ state to state. In most states it is a percentage of what you make.



It does not seem right that you should have to pay more if she is getting that much per month. I hope you had a lawyer to advise you, if not I would contact one ASAP.



Good luck.



Child Suport %26amp; Visitation?

If she is recieving $2000 a month of public aid, such as cash assistance your child support will first go to the state. Second if she does decide to go to college, that will allow her to make more in the future to support your child. You should value that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive