Saturday, June 19, 2010

I am In Big financial trouble, what can I do to dig myself out?

My father remarried when I turned 18, and his new wife had a problem with my Brother and I, so my pop kicked us out.



I used every bit of credit I had to take care of my brother and I.



Times where hard, we slept in our car and somethimes cheap hotels.



I payed the min for a long time but the company i worked for when Bnkrpt and I lost my job. i got a part time job but decided it might be better to go back 2 school. I go to school full time and baby sit a friends children in exchange for shelter,food and minimal suppiles.



I tried to go to school work and babysit, but my schedule is just to busy and I have other responsiblites.



To the point, I%26#039;m 23k in debt and I don%26#039;t have a job, consumer credit can%26#039;t help me unless i have one.



When I call my creditors they want me to make promises i cant keep.



What should I do to get myself on track?



** please don%26#039;t make suggestions that my brother should get a job and help me, he%26#039;s not mentally able.**



thanks for all your advice.



I am In Big financial trouble, what can I do to dig myself out?

I%26#039;m generally a big fan of non-profit consumer credit counseling orgs, although as you point out, they can%26#039;t really help you if you are out of work.



One thing I would suggest that you do is try to put a dollar value on what you are receiving from your friend for babysitting. How much would you have to earn to get the food, shelter, and minimal supplies that she is giving you. If you could get a job that would pay you at least that much, you would be able to to qualify for consumer credit counselling, and probably have a big boost to your self-esteem in the process.



Lots of people work full time and also go to school. It may be necessary to cut your school hours back a bit if it%26#039;s too much.



You don%26#039;t go into detail about your brother%26#039;s mental disability. Is it severe enough that you may be able to obtain assistance from the state? It sounds like you have enough on your hands building a future for yourself, much less having to support your brother as well. It may be that there are programs available to help you.



As a last-resort solution, you may want to consider bankruptcy. Most reputable bankruptcy attorneys will provide a free initial consultation. It may be that your best bet is to write off your past debt, and work toward building a more stable future for yourself and your brother.



Good Luck!



I am In Big financial trouble, what can I do to dig myself out?

I can%26#039;t believe consumer credit counseling wasn%26#039;t able to help you. Go to another non-profit organization that offers credit counseling.



You have to get a job. There%26#039;s no getting around it. Postpone school till you get some financial stability. Besides, how were you going to pay for school anyway?



Good luck!



I am In Big financial trouble, what can I do to dig myself out?

I am sorry to have to suggest this but I agree that you might need to put off school until you have your finances under control. I wish I could go to school but I know I cannot afford it so I have to wait.... we sometimes have tough decisions to make and this is going to be one of them.



I saw your added info... your friend is paying for your education? That sounds like a good arrangement but it isnt going to do a thing for your finances if you can%26#039;t get a job as well.



I am In Big financial trouble, what can I do to dig myself out?

Can you declare yourself bankrupt? It%26#039;s not that bad (in Roman times you%26#039;d be executed!), in fact most wealthy businessmen do it as an option. You might be able to transfer any assets into your brother%26#039;s name.



Then you can start again.



I would also look into taking legal action against your dad- he might have to pay to help support your brother.



I am In Big financial trouble, what can I do to dig myself out?

similar happened to my friend, not quite the same but similar,



put your brother in a care facility ( it is best if only temporary)..



or see if a centre will help and give you low housing because of his %26quot;mental capacity%26quot;..



and let you stay with him as partial care giver..



social workers should have some kind of help because of your brothers %26quot;mental capacity%26quot;..i really think you should stabilize that............and should be able to get help through that area.....then you can improve your own situation



I am In Big financial trouble, what can I do to dig myself out?

Working generates income. Income may be in different forms. Maybe in the form of salary or wages.



Seek opening at fast food outlets such as McDonald%26#039;s or KFC first. Later, you can seek openings at other places.



Don%26#039;t give up hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive