Saturday, June 19, 2010

How are the low-income, the disabled, and the elderly going to be able to purchase private HC insura

Hillary said that she would make it a %26quot;mandate%26quot; for all Americans to purchase private healthcare insurance. Romney and Guiliani say that people can purchase health care insurance through tax credits, and...?



With 47 million uninsured Americans unable to get it, how can our candidates and government EXPECT people like me to able to afford between $1800 to $3000 a month private health insurance policies?



Has anyone really put some serious *thought* into addressing this crisis with the uninsured and low-income--instead of just adding what I see as %26quot;Band-Aid%26quot; solutions to a growing problem here in the country?



How are the low-income, the disabled, and the elderly going to be able to purchase private HC insurance?

Without socialized med and care, there will be no way to accomplish this. What would happen, in my view, is that insurance companies will raise their prices.......as every company does when the govt. starts to pay part of the cost. Small business people, mainly, cannot afford health care costs as it is. Disabled, elderly, as I am, cannot afford anything except medicare and sometimes, AARP help. It would take a total revamping, and putting lids on prices. However, I do know that medicines are highly marked up from their costs. I know this, as my husband once worked for a company where I was allowed to buy medicine at cost plus 10 per cent. I was worried, one day, when I needed to buy meds for my infant..........but, found the very expensive medication to cost me 33 cents, when I only had to pay cost plus 10 % ! I have been angry at the pharmacies since that time.



How are the low-income, the disabled, and the elderly going to be able to purchase private HC insurance?

Perhaps if you neocons actually knew anything but the lies Rush Limbaugh feeds you you could figure it out.



Its called %26quot;Medicare%26quot; and all elderly and disabled people already have it. It is regular health insurance--we pay premiums just like everyone else, though they are somewhat ceaper.



Its been around for 40 years--and Hillary specifically said that program will remain in effect and unchanged.



Don%26#039;t you neocons EVER check your facts??????????????



How are the low-income, the disabled, and the elderly going to be able to purchase private HC insurance?

People who are elderly, low-income and disabled who are not eligible for medicare or medicaid will have a new expanded program under social security.



I am disabled and low income and work and do not have health insurance. So I am looking forward to this requirement. No longer will they be able to refuse to sell me insurance or try to sell it to me at such a preposterous price that it leaves me penniless.



This is the closest thing to National Health that we are going to get until the conservatives learn/ understand how important it is to our economy that this is a healthy country.



How are the low-income, the disabled, and the elderly going to be able to purchase private HC insurance?

and some of the candidates are saying that they will make health ins. available across the board for those of us that are low-income and on disability.



How are the low-income, the disabled, and the elderly going to be able to purchase private HC insurance?

My suggestion is to apply for Medicare but unlike what crabby blindguy seems to think it is not that easy for everyone. My sister has sever asthma which is the number one cause for her losing jobs, yet because she actually works they feel she makes to much on her medico job that doesn%26#039;t pay well and they keep denying her so you need to get your fact strait before you insult someone. Not to mention no insurance wants to cover her because her med expenses are outrageous.



How are the low-income, the disabled, and the elderly going to be able to purchase private HC insurance?

As a person who has resided in a country with socialized medicine and watched the problems the UK has with their medical programs, I can say when you hear Hillary talk about health care, run real fast the other way.



I have known several Canadians who were wealthy and very unhappy with healthcare in Canada and they came to the US to get %26quot;good%26quot; (their term not mine) medical care.



There has to be a solution that will provide good medical care to all but I don%26#039;t know what it is and I don%26#039;t think any of the people running do either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive