Saturday, June 19, 2010

I am in dire straits financially, how do i dig myself out?

My father remarried when I turned 18, and his new wife had a problem with my Brother and I, so my pop kicked us out.



I used every bit of credit I had to take care of my brother and I.



Times where hard, we slept in our car and somethimes cheap hotels.



I payed the min for a long time but the company i worked for when Bnkrpt and I lost my job. i got a part time job but decided it might be better to go back 2 school. I go to school full time and baby sit a friends children in exchange for shelter,food and minimal suppiles.



I tried to go to school work and babysit, but my schedule is just to busy and I have other responsiblites.



To the point, I%26#039;m 23k in debt and I don%26#039;t have a job, consumer credit can%26#039;t help me unless i have one.



When I call my creditors they want me to make promises i cant keep.



What should I do to get myself on track?



** please don%26#039;t make suggestions that my brother should get a job and help me, he%26#039;s not mentally able.**



thanks for all your advice.



I am in dire straits financially, how do i dig myself out?

Sorry, to hear about your hardships. The money isn%26#039;t going to role in over night, maybe nobody can really answer this. I could make a few suggestions. You sound like a motivated person who would like some sound answers. Social Services in your area can offer you a cash grievance, so you wouldn%26#039;t have to sleep in your car. Taking care of your brother, you are eligible for monthly aid also. Proof, of his handicap would be required. There are food stamps, welfare, medical aid. We all pay taxes so that would be offered to you. This is America, with the outlook that you have about getting your education you can do anything. You aren%26#039;t alone I have been where you are. You don%26#039;t need a quick fix, you need support! The average American has 9,000 on credit cards... You can get help, sound like a plan?



I am in dire straits financially, how do i dig myself out?

It seems the main problem is lack of a job. If you go to careerbuider.com, and post your resume, the site will give you ( literally ) a tuckload of job recommendations. I just got a great one myself from careerbuilder. The beauty of it is...IT%26#039;S FREE!!! I%26#039;m trying to get out of a hole, also. Hang in there, tiger! You%26#039;ll be okay. All you need is a little cash flow. You could also try monster.com, and jobfinder.com which are also free, but I prefer careerbuilder.com.



I am in dire straits financially, how do i dig myself out?

I can%26#039;t believe your dad would kick you out that is just wrong. Anyways its not easy catching up. One thing I could suggest is go to School Part Time and then see about picking up a job. Bills pile up, especially credit cards. I had 17k in credit card debt went into consolidation because they said they could pay that debt off for 12k so will see in about 18 months if that holds true. I was looking to save 5k in the long run. I pay consolidation about 335/month and they hold off paying the CC companys. So it hurts my credit but in the end its trying to teach me discipline. If your dad could help by like getting a personal loan that would help out. Good Luck....



I am in dire straits financially, how do i dig myself out?

I%26#039;m sorry to hear your situation. Do you not have a job because of home obligations to your brothers caretaking? Perhaps you can get some help in that area which will allow you the time and convenience of being able to get ou and get a job. I agree the internet is a great source of income. Best of Luck to you.......



I am in dire straits financially, how do i dig myself out?

You need to see a lawyer about Chapter 7 bankrupcy. There are lots of them where the first visit is free. It costs about $700 though...is there anyone who can lend you that much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive